Working with an ever-growing Mechanical Building Services Contractor based in Thurrock who have continued to be successful securing high-profile projects in London including Commercial Developments and Data Centres adding to their impressive portfolio of secured projects running well into 2025. You will be employed as a Mechanical Estimator with a minimum of 5 years experience preparing and submitting tenders up to £2.5m
- Tender document review and analysis including raising of RFI’s with the client
- Interpretation of specifications, drawings, design briefs and scope of works documents.
- Supply chain correspondence and enquiries
- Take-off as required conforming to standard estimating conventions
- Vetting incoming tenders/offers from our supply chain and ensuring that the most viable offer is included within our submission
- Carrying out site surveys and attending tender review meetings with Clients.
- Timely submission of tenders
- Attendance in handover of projects to the operations team
Demonstratable skills requried:
- Commercially astute, able to identify and manage risk and to anticipate issues that may affect costs and address them proactively
- An eye for detail, and proven ability to work to tight deadlines on simultaneous projects
- Proactive and persuasive with the skills to assess better systems of work in order to advise and assist clients on systems that will save time and money
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in a similar position with an mechanical contractor or in the M&E division of a main contractor.
- Proven ability to estimate costs and timescales accurately in order to meet deadlines
Job type – Full time / Permanent
Salary – Up to £55,000.00 per year dependant on experience
Benefits – Company pension, training & free parking